Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pilgrimage 2011 Part IV: Pick a Side

So! Finally, after asking for the intercession of our Heavenly Mother in Medugorje, and after using those graces to push me through Days in the Diocese in Valencia, Spain, I finally arrived with my parish group in Madrid, Spain, for World Youth Day. It was, in one word: awesome. And I mean that in the true sense of the word. The whole week spent in Madrid opened my eyes and my heart to the wonder of God, and I was left in a state of awe. I fell in love with Him again.

But, I want to start off the WYD portion of these blog posts in an interesting way. Not with any summaries of adoration, mass, or catechesis, but an analysis of a less than positive aspect of WYD: the people that didn't want us there. I wanted to blog about the protests, but was asked by The Catholic Register newspaper to write a column for them about it. So here's a link to the column:

We Must Pick a Side (and please note that despite the web mistake of the heavily pixelated photo of myself in this link, this is, in fact, a legit newspaper).

In this blog series:

No comments:

Post a Comment